Tyne and Wear HER(14789): Jesmond, Jesmond Towers, gymnasium and music block - Details
Jesmond, Jesmond Towers, gymnasium and music block
The southern section was originally part of a farmstead. It has been extended three times to the north, lastly by Dunn Hansom & Fenwicke 1922-5 for the Filles de la Sagesse. Single storey. It features a timbered ceiling with exposed trusses. The windows are timber sashes. The top light is bottom hung and opens inwards.
Cyril Winskell and AJT Environmental Consultants, 2010, Conservation Plan for Jesmond Towers Estate, pp 72-73; Archaeological Services Durham University, 2014, La Sagesse, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, Buildings Recording