Tyne and Wear HER(14882): Philadelphia, tram depot - Details
Philadelphia, tram depot
Tramway Transport Site
Built in 1905 for the Sunderland District Tramway Company. Shown on Ordnance Survey third edition of 1920. In 1926 it was taken over by Sunderland District Omnibus Company Ltd. By the fifth edition of 1959 it is an omnibus depot. Still subsumed inside the later bus depot. The original section of the tram depot is constructed in red brick with three gables roof sections of corrugated metal and perspex. There are modern extensions to the west and to the south. The building was recorded by TWM in 2011.
Ordnance Survey Third Edition 1920; TWM Archaeology, 2011, Lambton Engine Works, Philadelphia - Historic Buildings Recording