Tyne and Wear HER(15016): Newcastle, Diana Street, Nos. 12-14 - Details
Newcastle, Diana Street, Nos. 12-14
This building was erected as a warehouse for Davison & Pickering in 1934. It is now used as a plastics workshop with offices on the first floor. It is built of brick with a corrugated sheet roof over the large rear room. The offices have a flat roof and parapet. Another workshop was added to the south in the 1970s. This is built of stretcher bond brick with corrugated sheet roof. There is a blocked door near the centre of the street frontage and a small flat-roofed store building on the rear wall. This plot was occupied by four terraced houses with outhouses in a narrow yard in 1862 but these were demolished after the First World War.
Archaeological Services Durham University, 2012, 12-24 Diana Street, Science Central, Newcastle upon Tyne - Building Recording Report; Archaeological Services Durham University, 2006, Tyne Brewery, Newcastle upon Tyne - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment; Ordnance Survey 1st edition map of 1879; Archaeological Services Durham University, 2013, 12-24 Diana Street, Science Central, Newcastle upon Tyne - Phase 2 Building Recording Report;