Tyne and Wear HER(15070): Fawdon, White House and Old Pit Cottages - Details
Fawdon, White House and Old Pit Cottages
The White House was Fawdon Colliery agent's house. Built circa 1809. Attached to the west was a row of miner's cootages with gardens to the rear. The council demolished the houses around 1938.
Millie Walker, 1994, Bygone Fawdon & Coxlodge