Tyne and Wear HER(15295): Tynemouth, Front Street, Wesleyan Methodist Church - Details
Tynemouth, Front Street, Wesleyan Methodist Church
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Built in 1870. By FRN Haswell. Big Doric-fronted chapel, seated 717. Wesleyan congregation left to join with Congregational church around 1934. Church then became the Carlton Cinema until 1976. Demolished 1978.
Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle & North Tyneside