Tyne and Wear HER(15424): Sunderland, Moor Street, Synagogue - Details
Sunderland, Moor Street, Synagogue
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Place of Worship
In use from 1862. Rebuilt in 1900. Congregation moved to Ryhope Road in 1928. The Adath Yeshurun was founded in 1791. Also known as the Israelite Congregation.
www.jewishgen.org; Arnold Levy, History of the Sunderland Jewish Community 1755-1955; Tyne and Wear Archives hold various records including the birth register 1867-73 and 1892 onwards, burials 1856 to 1899, synagogue minutes from 1857 to 1979.