Tyne and Wear HER(15475): Blaydon, Shibdon Road, Trinity Methodist Church - Details
Blaydon, Shibdon Road, Trinity Methodist Church
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Methodist Church. Sandstone. There were two Wesleyan Methodist Churches in Blaydon. This one at Shibdon Road/Lucy Street and St. John's (HER 6018), which was further east along Shibdon Road. In 1944 these two Methodist societies and the Primitive Methodists at Albert Street amalgamated. This building was retained as a church and St. John's became a Sunday School and church hall.
Ordnance Survey Second Edition Map, 1890; Susan Lynn, 7 April 2017, St. John's Wesleyan Methodist Church, Blaydon, County Durham https://www.mywesleyanmethodists.org.uk/content/chapels/county-durham/blaydon_st_johns_wesleyan_methodist_church; Tyne and Wear Archives, church records 1887-1954; The History of Blaydon (TWAS)