Tyne and Wear HER(15478): Blaydon, Shibdon Road, Church Hall (now Air Cadets) - Details
Blaydon, Shibdon Road, Church Hall (now Air Cadets)
St. Cuthbert's Church Hall shown on OS third edition map of 1919. The foundation stone was laid by Col. C.W. Napier-Clavering on 26 June 1912. Three storeys. Sandstone. Slate roof. Two entrances with double doors in a plain surround. Four gables on main south façade. The woodwork and metalwork is painted blue. Now the Air Training Corps, 1509 (Blaydon) Sqn Air Cadets and the Labour Party's Blaydon Constituency Office.
Ordnance Survey Third Edition Map, 1919