Tyne and Wear HER(15554): Newcastle, Drury Lane, Duke of Wellington Public House - Details
Newcastle, Drury Lane, Duke of Wellington Public House
The Duke of Wellington may have moved from one side of Drury Lane to the other around 1860. By 1890 it was a 'good sized bar and sitting room enjoying a selecting trade'. When it closed in 1960 the licensee was Florence Thompson who had been there for 42 years.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heady Days - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume One - The Central Area, p 23