Tyne and Wear HER(15560): Newcastle, Grey Street, Villa Nova - Details
Newcastle, Grey Street, Villa Nova
The proprietor in 1890 was James Davidson from Hebburn. The Villa Nova opened around 1890 'with a first class selection of wines and spirits, Bass and other ales drawn from the wood'. In 1908 the Villa Nova at 10 Grey Street became Spiers & Pond's Restaurant. The premises were converted to offices shortly afterwards (HER 9026).
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heady Days - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume One - The Central Area, p 26; Space Conservation, 2014, 2-12 Grey Street and 21 Mosley St, Newcastle upon Tyne -Heritage Assessment;