Tyne and Wear HER(15605): Newcastle, The Side, Meters' Arms Public House - Details
Newcastle, The Side, Meters' Arms Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey first edition of 1860. Closed in 1889. The pub on this site is now called The Empress (see HER 6687).
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heady Days - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume One - The Central Area, p 41