Tyne and Wear HER(15623): Jesmond, Lonsdale Terrace, Lonsdale Public House - Details
Jesmond, Lonsdale Terrace, Lonsdale Public House
Built on the corner of Lonsdale Terrace and Lyndhurst Avenue. Opened in 1951 when James Deuchar transferred the licence of the Monument pub in Grainger Street. The Lonsdale replaced a row of shops including a baker's and fishmonger's. In 1953 the ground floor sitting room was extended and a new upstairs buffet lounge opened.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two - The North and East, p 7