Tyne and Wear HER(15625): Gosforth, High Street, Earl Grey Public House - Details
Gosforth, High Street, Earl Grey Public House
The Earl Grey was a beerhouse when Ridley, Cutter & Firth bought it in 1898. In 1911 billiards was introduced. In 1938 Vaux acquired the pub. In 1939 they obtained a full-licence by transfer from the Black Bull in Seaton Burn.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two - The North and East, p 9