Tyne and Wear HER(15626): Gosforth, High Street, Blacksmith's Arms Public House - Details
Gosforth, High Street, Blacksmith's Arms Public House
A beerhouse bought by Dover & Newsome Baxter in 1897. Alterations were carried out in 1906. A full licence was not obtained until 1949, when it was a Bass house. Between 1994 and 1995 the pub was called the Hoppings.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two - The North and East, p 9