Tyne and Wear HER(15629): Fawdon, Banbury Road, The Hawthorn (Edgefield Lodge Hotel) - Details
Fawdon, Banbury Road, The Hawthorn (Edgefield Lodge Hotel)
Opened in 1955 by Ridley Cutter & Firth. They had transferred their licence here from the Hawthorn on Forth Banks. After alterations in 1994 the pub was renamed the Edgefield Lodge.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two - The North and East, p 11