Tyne and Wear HER(15632): Fawdon, Fawdon Lane, Fawdon Arms Public House - Details
Fawdon, Fawdon Lane, Fawdon Arms Public House
During the Second World War a provisional licence was granted for a pub to be built on the junction of Fawdon lane and the proposed extension of Fawdon Park Road. Archibald Arrol submitted amended plans in 1945. However the Fawdon Arms was not built until 1961 (by Ind Coope). Its licence was revoked in 1994 and the pub was demolished.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two - The North and East, p 11-12