Tyne and Wear HER(15653): Shieldfield, Ingham Place, Tunnel Public House (Ingham Hotel) - Details
Shieldfield, Ingham Place, Tunnel Public House (Ingham Hotel)
Mid 19th century public house. Closed in 1912. It was owned by Allsopps and was named after the railway tunnel to the Quayside (HER 4326). The Ingham Hotel was described as 'a property of substantial character, in good order, occupying a commanding position in a populous and respectable business locality'.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two - The North and East, p 16