Tyne and Wear HER(15681): Westerhope, Kendal Green East and West - Details
Westerhope, Kendal Green East and West
Semi Detached House
One of the first pair of semi-detached houses to be built in Westerhope. In existence by 1893. The village well was behind 'East'. Before 1901 Methodist services were held in this house, the Clarke family home. Now known as Nos. 401 and 403 Stamfordham Road.
J.T. Allison and A.D. Walton, 1989, Bygone Westerhope, 5