Tyne and Wear HER(15689): Newcastle, Howard Street, Ropers' Arms Public House - Details
Newcastle, Howard Street, Ropers' Arms Public House
A beerhouse acquired by Cameron's from Robert Newton's Victoria Brewery. Plans for its rebuild were drawn up in 1937. It was altered in 1958 and received a full licence. Closed in 1967.
Brian Bennison, 1996, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two - The North and East, p 21