Tyne and Wear HER(15777): Boldon Colliery, North Road, Independent Methodist Church - Details
Boldon Colliery, North Road, Independent Methodist Church
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Independent Methodist Chapel
Shown as a Lay Chapel on the second edition Ordnance Survey map with a hall to the south (now gone). Single storey building in brick with a renewed slate roof. Arched doorway. The front elevation is broken up by large square windows with renewed frames and brick pilasters. To the immediate north is a single storey stable and cart shed (now a storage building), brick with a raised collar timber trussed roof with hipped gables. The original slates have been replaced with corrugated cement sheeting. The brick walls are now pebble dashed.
Ordnance Survey second edition map 1890; B3 Architecture, 2013, Design and Access Statement