Tyne and Wear HER(15841): Ouseburn, Brown Kiln/New Flax Mill Public House - Details
Ouseburn, Brown Kiln/New Flax Mill Public House
The Brown Kiln was renamed the New Flax Mill in the late 1840s when John Dobson's new mill opened nearby. It closed in 1873.
Brian Bennison, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, p 28