Tyne and Wear HER(15867): Walker, Church Street, Butchers' Arms/Fountain Inn - Details
Walker, Church Street, Butchers' Arms/Fountain Inn
Became the Fountain Inn in the 1870s. A favourite of the miners from Fountain Pit. In the 1930s it was enlarged. In 1937 it was bought by Robert Deuchar for £3250. When Church Walk was built in the mid 1960s, the pub was demolished.
Brian Bennison, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, p 42-3