Tyne and Wear HER(15868): Walker, Church Street, Cumberland Arms and Park Hotel - Details
Walker, Church Street, Cumberland Arms and Park Hotel
This was a beerhouse that was granted a full licence in the 1890s. It was altered in 1912. In 1937 the Cumberland Arms and the neighbouring Park Hotel were rebuilt to form a new Cumberland Arms. It closed in 1997.
Brian Bennison, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, p 43