Tyne and Wear HER(15879): Walker, Victoria Street (White Street), Victoria Hotel - Details
Walker, Victoria Street (White Street), Victoria Hotel
Remodelled in 1907. In 1914 James Deuchar took it over. In 1920 Alexander Deuchar bought it for £1083. It then passed to McEwans. In 1930 alterations were carried out. In 1977 when it was a Scottish & Newcastle pub it was described as 'a neat and tidy pub in an industrial part of the town'. It closed in the 1980s. Also known as the Green Bar.
Brian Bennison, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, pp 43-44