Tyne and Wear HER(15889): Walker, Felling View, Lord Raglan Inn - Details
Walker, Felling View, Lord Raglan Inn
A beerhouse probably dating to the 1850s. Named after the British Commander-in-Chief in the Crimean War who was ennobled in 1852 and died in 1855. In 1911 the pub included a bar, two sitting rooms, a bottle and jug department, a five-roomed house and rear yard with a quoit ground. In 1938 a new select room was built. In 1945 the pub was bought by Robert Deuchar. A full licence was granted in 1960. It closed in 1980.
Brian Bennison, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, p 46