Tyne and Wear HER(15890): Walker, Felling View, Ellison Arms (Old Hall/Roper) - Details
Walker, Felling View, Ellison Arms (Old Hall/Roper)
The Old Hall/The Roper/Ellison Arms was built around 1861. The pub was acquired by Newcastle Breweries in 1894. In 1897 it was extended and altered in 1937. It closed in 1980 along with the nearby Lord Raglan to make way for houses.
Brian Bennison, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, p 46