Tyne and Wear HER(15893): East Rainton, South Street, Summer House - Details
East Rainton, South Street, Summer House
Summer House is shown on the Ordnance Survey first edition map of circa 1860. A photograph (undated) shows a rubble stone house, two storeys with slate roof and three chimneys. The upper window on the righthand side of the front elevation is an oriel window. The front door is in a porch with a pitched slate roof. Demolished to make way for Summerhouse Farm estate in the 1970s.
East Rainton Women's Institute, ?1940s, History of East Rainton (typescript)