Tyne and Wear HER(15910): Fencehouses, Dubmire Junior School - Details
Fencehouses, Dubmire Junior School
Built in 1914. Brick, one storey, slate roof with a row of air vents along the roof ridge. Also known as Dubmire Council School and Dubmire Mixed School. It had a coronation clock. A new primary school was built to the rear in 2003. The old school was demolished in 2004.
The Story of Dubmire Junior School 1914 to 2002, www.houghtonlespring.org.uk; Paul Lanagan, 2002, The Story of Dubmire Junior School 1914 to 2002, limited edition book