Tyne and Wear HER(16112): Gateshead, Alexander Road, windmill mound - Details
Gateshead, Alexander Road, windmill mound
Wind Power Site
Mostly located beneath the highway near the junction of Alexander Road and Peterborough Road. The name of the mill is unknown. A windmill appears on this location on plans from the mid 18th century. In 1839 it was occupied by William Gibbon who also ran Gibbons Mill (HER3495). It had gone by 1841.
Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2010, Proposed Gateshed Football Stadium, Archaeological Assessment