Tyne and Wear HER(16120): Lamesley, Ravensworth Country Club, stables - Details
Lamesley, Ravensworth Country Club, stables
Agriculture and Subsistence
A stable block formerly part of the High Stables later Ravensworth Park Farm. The farmhouse now forms part of the Ravensworth County Club. The remaining stables were recorded ahead of conversion into residential units. The stables were probably built in the mid 18th century. By 1785 the form of the blocks was similar to the existing structures - the only significant difference being an annexe built on the SW corner. No internal original features survive unless the original floor surface exists beneath the current concrete floor. Major alteration included the rebuilding of the southern end of the western block, the lowering of the roofline on the northern block and the blocking of several doorways.
Tyne and Wear Museums, 2005, Ravensworth Country Club, Lamesley, Gateshead, Historic Buildings Recording