Tyne and Wear HER(1617): Newcastle, Pandon, Baxter's Warehouse - Details
Newcastle, Pandon, Baxter's Warehouse
These two warehouses, built between 1801 and 1830, are part of a group of buildings, north of Pandon, known as Baxter's, latterly owned by Steenberg and Son Ltd. The smaller most northerly warehouse is a small two storey brick building with a slate roof. The eastern building is of brick standing on an ashlar plinth which owing to the steep fall in ground level becomes a full storey height on the south elevation, facing Pandon. The western building is built of brick with a slate roof and a simple eaves gutter.
<< HER 1617 >> Joint Conservation Team, 1976, Survey of Area to the north of Quayside, between Milk Market & Broad..