Tyne and Wear HER(16176): Blaydon, St. Cuthbert's National School - Details
Blaydon, St. Cuthbert's National School
Described by Whelan in 1856 as an elegant stone structure, erected by subscription and by government grants, in 1853. Cost around £1400. Conducted by 'highly efficient teachers'. Attended by over 250 children (boys and girls). The infant school was being added in 1856, to accommodate 120 pupils. The school had a good library with over 400 books. The teachers were Mr J.J and Mrs Moses.
William Whelan & Co, 1856, History, Topography and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham