Tyne and Wear HER(16203): Houghton-le-Spring, Rectory Field, verger's cottage - Details
Houghton-le-Spring, Rectory Field, verger's cottage
Verger's cottage shown on historic mapping from 1855-1970s in the north-east corner of Rectory Field (HER16201). The cottage was extended in the 1950s when it was then owned by the local council before being demolished in the 1980s. The function of the building is unknown but likely to have been a field barn.
Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd. 2014, Rectory Park, Houghton-le-Spring, Archaeological Assessment and Building Recording; First Edition Ordnance Survey Plan, 1855; TWAS Proposed extension to the Verger's Cottage, August 1950 (UD/HS/25/87)