Tyne and Wear HER(16284): Hetton-le-Hole, Wesleyan School House - Details
Hetton-le-Hole, Wesleyan School House
Former school house for Wesleyan Chapel situated to the north. It was constructed in 1859 to accommodate 400 people and a stone plaque is present on the front elevation to commemorate the year of its construction. The former school house had a sandstone frontage with brick construction for all other walls and has a modern slate imitation covered roof. The building was recorded by TWM in 2012 ahead of conversion into a residential dwelling. The only alterations noted were the blocking of most openings within the north-west elevation and all the openings in the rear elevation. Internally, one original window shutter survived along with original moulded stone brackets which support the roof structure.
Tyne and Wear Musuems, 2012, Former Wesleyan School House, Hetton-le-Hole, Tyne and Wear - historic building recording