Tyne and Wear HER(16332): Easington Lane, village - Details
Easington Lane, village
Easington Lane village. Noted in Whellan's directory (1856) as being about a mile in length. The directory also lists the village as containing three chapels, a reading room and post office. It also contained an acadamy, conducted by William Kirke in 1856 (opened 1854) where youths were instructed on commerce, trade and other branches of learning.
Whellan, W, 1856, History, Topography, and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham; Wardell Armstrong, 2019, Land at former Easington Lane Primary School, South Hetton Road, Archaeological Evaluation Report.