Tyne and Wear HER(16334): Easington Lane, Primitive Methodist Chapel - Details
Easington Lane, Primitive Methodist Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Primitive Methodist Chapel rebuilt and enlarged in 1853 at a cost of £400. Rebuilt again 1870 and 1981. The current Methodist Chapel contains a war memorial that was once located in the original chapel.
Whellan, W, 1856, History, Topography, and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham, p621; www.durhamatwar.org.uk/story/2918; http://www.newmp.org.uk; The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non-Conformist Chapels in Sunderland; Hetton Local & Natural History Society, 2015, The Hetton Village Atlas p125