Tyne and Wear HER(16366): Sunniside, Gateshead Road, Methodist New Connexion Chapel - Details
Sunniside, Gateshead Road, Methodist New Connexion Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Methodist New Connexion Chapel
Built in 1837. When the present methodist chapel was built in 1910, this old chapel became the Sunday School, later a meeting hall. In 1940 a youth club was formed by the local Reverand, Tom Sanders. During the Second World War the Home Guard met here. The building was demolished in 2003. Replaced by a pair of new stone houses (NOS. 20 and 21 Granby Terrace).
Sunniside Local History Society, no date, Front Street, Sunniside, www.sunnisidelocalhistorysociety.co.uk/frontst.html