Tyne and Wear HER(16373): Sunniside, Bracken House - Details
Sunniside, Bracken House
Shown on Ordnance Survey first edition of 1858. By 1881 the house was divided into two and occupied by Tom Dobson and Tom Davison. In 1891 locals called the house Railway Cottage. Mary Ann Head moved here from Old Sunniside Farm when her husband Thomas died. Bracken House was still standing in 1914.
Sunniside Local History Society, no date, Front Street, Sunniside, www.sunnisidelocalhistorysociety.co.uk/frontst.html