Tyne and Wear HER(16384): Sunniside, Blackburn Edge - Details
Sunniside, Blackburn Edge
House overlooking the Black Burn. Saint Bean, a miller, lived here with his wife Mary in 1836. His family was from Morpeth. By 1851 he had become a flour dealer and shopkeeper. The family had a grocer's shop here until the 1880s. Their son Robert set up a grocer's shop at Hill Row in 1860. The house had gone by 1891, leaving only outbuildings and a greenhouse. Within a few years Sunniside House was built and took over the smallholding.
Sunniside Local History Society, no date, Front Street, Sunniside, www.sunnisidelocalhistorysociety.co.uk/frontst.html