Tyne and Wear HER(16385): Sunniside, Fell Close, No. 9, Sunniside House - Details
Sunniside, Fell Close, No. 9, Sunniside House
Built around 1893. Took over the smallholding of Blackburn Edge, which was demolished by 1891. William Bell, cowkeeper and miner at Marley Hill, lived here from 1910 to 1921. Attractive two storey stone house with two gables over the upper floor windows on the front elevation. Stone sills. New windows. Slate roof. Now subsumed into a housing estate of brick semis.
Sunniside Local History Society, no date, Front Street, Sunniside, www.sunnisidelocalhistorysociety.co.uk/frontst.html