Tyne and Wear HER(1639): Blaydon Burn, Fosters Corn Mill - Details
Blaydon Burn, Fosters Corn Mill
Marked on the First edition Ordnance Survey plan next to a saw mill (HER ref. 3556) and New Inn. This flour mill formerly belonged to Anthony Foster. A "Foster" had a mill there in 1632. Adjoining it once stood a forge belonging to Clark Foster. The mill was still in use in the 1850s but had fallen out of use by 1898.
<< HER 1639 >> 1975, Blaydon Burn, Industrial Archaeology -Historic Environment Record Blaydon Burn, The Industrial Background