Tyne and Wear HER(16462): Ryton, Elvaston Road, house - Details
Ryton, Elvaston Road, house
House located next door to the Jolly Fellows Inn (HER 16453 and 12071) on the north side of the village - probably 19th century in date. The building was two storeys in height and had a pan tile roof. The front elevation was divided into three bays with a central door flanked by sash windows with sandstone lintels and cills. The house had a series of small outbuildings. In the late 19th century the property was tenanted by Mr Richard Collins, a golf club manufacturer and merchant. Correspondence between Mr Collins and his landlord Joseph Brown are held at DRO (D/CG2/89) and includes a sketch plan of the house. Demolished 1950s.
Mike Griffiths & Associates Ltd., 2012, Jolly Fellows Inn, Ryton, Gateshead - Archaeological Assessment and Building Recording; Correspondence over party wall, 1899, DRO (D/CG2/89)