Tyne and Wear HER(16514): North Shields, Waterville Road, vicarage - Details
North Shields, Waterville Road, vicarage
Vicarage built c.1874 serving Trinity Church (HER 16515). The building was a two-storey, elegant double-fronted house in Italianate style with mullioned projecting bays and tall sash windows. The building also contained several stone outbuildings. During the late 20th century the house was in use as a care home and had a two storey extension and a single storey kitchen added to the original house. The building was recorded in 2011 ahead of proposals for its demolition to make way for a purpose built care facility. The clergyman at the vicarage in 1886 was Rev. Philip Henry Phelps.
Christopher Padgett, 2011, Old Vicarage, 2 Waterville Road, North Shields - historic building recording