Tyne and Wear HER(16556): Sunderland, Villiers Street, Sunday School (institute) - Details
Sunderland, Villiers Street, Sunday School (institute)
The Sunday School was built in 1849 over the top of the underground burial vaults (HER 16557). In 1869 an infant school was built west of the Sunday School. In 1893 the Sunday School became an institute and an upper floor an staircase were added. The chapel (and presumably the Sunday School) was out of use by 1933. The Sunday School was later used as a car repair and spray shop.