Tyne and Wear HER(16566): Houghton-le-Spring, Newbottle Lane, Presbyterian Chapel - Details
Houghton-le-Spring, Newbottle Lane, Presbyterian Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Presbyterian Chapel on Newbottle Lane, erected in 1825. In 1856 the Rev. Alexander Shannen was minister. This building appears to have been demolished and replaced by a hall by the late 1890s.
Whellan, W, 1856, History, Topography, and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham; First Edition Ordnance Survey Plan, 1855