Tyne and Wear HER(16569): Houghton-le-Spring, Church Street, church institute - Details
Houghton-le-Spring, Church Street, church institute
Church Institute located in Church Street established in 1854. It contained 200 volumes and newspapers and periodicals. The Earl of Durham was patron, the Hon. and Rev. John Grey was president and Mr James Young was secretary and librarian in 1856.
Whellan, W, 1856, History, Topography, and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham