Tyne and Wear HER(16634): Benwell, church - Details
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Place of Worship
Corrugated iron church of 1903. The parish was taken over by Father J W Milroy in 1924. By this time the iron church was in a state of deterioration due to lack of repais during the war. A new church was then built on the opposite side of the road (St. Joseph's HER 9821). The new church offically opened in 1931.
DPP UK Ltd., 2014, St Josephs Church, Armstrong Road, Benwell - Historic Building Recording; Third Edition Ordnance Survey plan c.1912