Tyne and Wear HER(16667): Penshaw, boundary bank - Details
Penshaw, boundary bank
Township boundary banks first detailed on first edition map and annotated R.H for right side of hedge. Boundary no longer mainted after 1898. Bank survives as only a very ephemeral earthworth, greatest at its southern extent where it stands 0.5m high but peters out before the path to the east. Measures 2m wide at western end.
Archaeo-Environment Ltd, 2010, Historic Environment Survey for National Trust Properties, Tyne and Wear - Penshaw Monument