Tyne and Wear HER(16773): South Shields, Mile End Road, St Stephens National School - Details
South Shields, Mile End Road, St Stephens National School
St. Stephen's National School shown on the First Edition Ordnance Survey plan, 1855 as a small building fronting Mile End Road with two separate playground areas. The school had been substantially expanded to the west of the original building by 1895.
First Edition Ordnance Survey Plan, 1855; AD Archaeology, 2014, Land between Lady's Walk and River Drive, South Shields - Archaeological Assessment