Tyne and Wear HER(16797): West Boldon, High House Farm - Details
West Boldon, High House Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
Land Use Site
High House Farm shown on Greenwood's 1820 map but recorded on 1840 Boldon Tithe Plan as 'Scotts House Farm'. Aerial photographic information suggests that the hosue is of rough cobble construction with a slate roof and stone quoins and gable copings. Early 19th century date with recent additions.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2014, Site south of Newcastle Road (A184) and West of A19 - Archaeological Assessment; Greenwood, 1820, Map of the County Palatinate of Durham (TWM D.NCP/1/7-8); http://local.live.co.uk